I discovered my passion for photography over a decade ago while capturing the beauty of spring flowers and the colorful lights of night-time landscapes. My formal education as an engineer, and continual training as a photographer, facilitate my technical manipulation of lighting, my camera, and the photographs that I produce.
I joined Phlox Photography and this awesome skilled network of professional photographers after spending just three years on my own capturing sports action, events, and portraits.
Some fun facts about me:
- I am originally from Lafayette Indiana where I played high school basketball against several now retired NBA basketball stars.
- I am the first child in my entire extended family to attend and complete a college education.
- I have lived in 7 different states and worked on 4 different continents including Asia, Europe, South America, and North America.
- When there is not a global pandemic, I am a sales manager in energy industry by day.
- My father is a minister in the Baptist church and I am very involved in my local church as well.
- My photos are very distinct in that they contain a lot of bright and saturated colors.
- My photographic style is rooted in my love for capturing the essence of life itself including both victory, joy, and defeat.
- I cover dozens of sporting events each year, posting and selling images on MaxPreps (a division of CBS Online).
I love shooting portraits in natural lighting although I have a full mobile studio including lighting and backdrops. I am blessed with the ability to instantly connect with people under all conditions and bring smiles to all I meet. I pride myself in capturing the essence of moments that will never come again. My portrait sessions are fun and full of laughter with the intent on letting the true personality of each person come to the surface to be captured forever.
I am available for: